Our Mission, Vision, and Values
Our Mission: To partner with the ALS community as we drive the discovery of prevention strategies, treatments, and cures for ALS; provide access to quality care and connection; and promote initiatives to improve health outcomes.
Our Core Values:
COMPASSION – INTEGRITY – URGENCY
Guiding Principles are:
- People with ALS and their families come first
- Accountability and transparency
- Diversity and inclusion
- Open communication and dialogue
Our Strategic Outcomes:
- Recognized interdependence between care and research.
- People with ALS and their families have:
- Access to consistent care, treatment and services
- Resource and support services that enhance quality of life
- Quality care and support leveraged by collaboration with partners
- Discover new life-extending treatments:
- Drive worldwide research agenda with urgency and boldness to improve outcomes for people with ALS
- Collaborate with partners in a comprehensive and inclusive research model
- Facilitate the rapid development of new treatment options to extend and enhance quality of life while seeking cures.
Building on Diversity and Inclusion
As a values-driven organization, the ALS Network believes in a culture of service and support where all forms of diversity are welcome. We wholeheartedly reject hate, racism, injustice, discrimination, and violence of any kind, and hold ourselves accountable to root out bias. We are committed to anti-racist, anti-oppression perspectives that promote equitable access to ALS treatments and care for all.
The ALS Network is dedicated to building diverse, inclusive, and resilient communities, and we understand that ensuring equity and justice is an ongoing process. We are determined to continually adjust our own behaviors as perspectives evolve, and we believe strongly in treating everyone - our clients, partners, vendors, colleagues, and other collaborators- as valued partners. We are respectful of each other and honor the right each person has to be unique.
We are a unified team, with a unified mission and a collective vision. We recognize that every person brings a distinct perspective and experience that can help advance the search for effective treatments and cures for ALS. Inclusion for all people impacted by ALS is how we live our commitment to the ALS community.
Ending ALS together is our passion.